Last Updated: 5/24/2018
WHO WE ARE
**DATA COLLECTION FROM CHILDREN**
A NOTE TO PARENTS
Parents should supervise their children’s online activities and consider using parental control tools available from online services and software manufacturers that help provide a child-friendly online environment. These tools can also prevent children from disclosing online their name, address, and other personal information without parental permission.
WHAT INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
When you use the Site or contact us, we may collect and process the information you give to us and we will also collect certain information about you that is not given to us by you but is collected by using cookies and other tracking technologies. By visiting the Site, you affirmatively consent to our collection of your data.
Information you give to us
There are several places on our site where you can share your personal information with us, and where you can communicate with others. We may collect and process all data that you provide to us. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, date of birth, payment information, personal description, photographs, videos or images or comments. Examples of how you would give us this information:
- • Forms filled out by you on the Site
- • Content of correspondence with us
- • Site registration
- • Subscriptions or orders placed on the Site
- • Participation in discussion boards or other social media functions on the Site
- • Information from social media or other platforms when you sign on to or otherwise link our Sites with your Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Google, Instagram, Tumblr or other online account
- • Entering a competition, promotion or survey
- • Reporting a problem or requesting support for the Site
Information we collect about you by using cookies and other tracking technologies
We may collect and process information about you based not on information that you expressly provide to us (like the list above), but information that is automatically gathered because you visited the Site through cookies and other tracking technologies. Each time you visit the Site, we may collect the following information:
- • Technical information, including IP address, login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform
- • Information about your visit, including the full URL clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time)
- • Pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
*Checkout the Cookies Section below.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
For our internal purposes, we use this information to communicate with you and provide the services you have requested, and to provide a more personalized experience on the Site. By visiting the Site, you affirmatively consent to our use of your data. We use the data collected from our site in the following ways:
- • To provide you with information about In Real Life, content, or promotions.
- • To respond to your queries.
- • To allow you to interact with our Site, for example by posting comments.
- • To allow you to share information from our Site on third party social media platforms.
- • To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or other device.
- • To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- • To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- • To notify you about changes to our service or to manage your access to the Site.
- • To provide our Site to you, including internal operations, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, security, safety, and statistical purposes
WHO WE MAY SHARE YOUR DATA WITH
Information provided at the Site may be shared with other parties. As with other third parties, we are not responsible for how they handle the data once they receive it. When we have co-branded or sponsored services, when we host a site, or when we join with other parties to provide specific services, we may share (provide and receive) your personal information with them. By the Site, you affirmatively consent to our collection, use and distribution of your data. Other than as set forth in this policy, we do not share your personally identifiable information with other companies, apart from those acting as our agents in providing our service to you, and which agree to use it only for that purpose and to keep the information secure and confidential. Also, please be aware that our affiliates, subsidiaries and the Site, affiliated companies and sites, entities into which our companies may be merged, or entities to which any of our assets, products, sites or operations may be
transferred, may obtain from us and be able to use your personal information. We will also disclose information we maintain when required to do so by law, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena or other legal obligation, in response to a law enforcement agency’s request, or in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property. We may share (provide and receive) aggregate information, which is not personally identifiable, with others. This information may include demographic data such as the gender and/or geographic location of groups of users, but it will not include personal information (such as your name or email address). We use aggregate demographic information about our audience in order to improve our service, for research purposes, marketing/promotional purposes and/or for industry reporting purposes, among others.
RIGHTS AND CHOICES
USERS OF SITES IN THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
We may use automated decision-making technologies, including profiling, to support our data processing activities. Our automated decision-making capabilities include logic that attempts to identify artists, music, communications, products, or offers that we believe may interest you. By using this logic, it helps us personalize your interactions with UMG and UMG artists. For you, this means that you may see online advertisements, direct marketing communications (if you have subscribed), or other advertising or marketing messages or special offers based on your activity on our Sites or interactions with UMG Companies or our third-party partners.
In some instances, you may be required to provide us with personal data for processing as described above, in order for us to be able to provide you to use all the features of the Site.
· transferring personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission;
· using specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe; or
· transferring personal data to the United States to an entity if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US.
You may be entitled, in accordance with applicable law, to request a copy of relevant safeguards by contacting UMG as described in the “Contact” section.
COOKIES AND AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION
Consent to Cookies
Most common web browsers today, such as Firefox and Internet Explorer, allow you to modify your settings to block cookies entirely, alert you every time they are being sent, or allow their use by only those web sites you choose. You can also delete cookies that are currently stored on your computer’s hard drive. If you choose to disable cookies, certain features on the Site may not be available or work properly. Also, please note that if you disable/delete all cookies stored on your computer, you will have also disabled the cookies that are used by NAI to help prevent you from receiving unwanted advertising from third party ad networks. If you do not want this to happen, please make sure not to disable/delete the NAI cookie or add NAI to the approved list of sites from whom you allow/accept cookies. Through the use of web logs or log files, we may also gather information such as the date, time, browser type, navigation history, and IP address of all visitors to our site(s). We use this information for our internal security audit log, trend analysis, and system administration, and to gather broad demographic
information about our user base. We may associate this information with your personal information. By visiting the Sites, you affirmatively consent to our collection, use, and distribution of your data.
If a user’s personally identifiable information changes (such as zip code), we endeavor to provide a way to correct or update that user’s personal data. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions regarding making changes to your data.
Security for all personally identifiable information is extremely important to us. We store your personal information securely, and use special procedures designed to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration or destruction.
The Site may have merchant/ecommerce areas, where users can purchase merchandise. In Real Life may not run those areas of the Site directly and may have outside vendors/companies who handle this area. We are not responsible for those other sites, their privacy policies or how they treat information about their users, and we advise you to check their privacy policies.
If you have any questions about our privacy practices, please feel free to contact us at: email@example.com